Wednesday, November 12, 2008

s'wonderful

isn't it? 
how happiness in one area of life can so positively affect all areas of life.  Even while I sit here distracted by delightful memories made over the past few days, I find myself more focussed and more able to get work done than I have been for weeks.  
marvelous.

life's pretty good these days, I have to say.  the roommates rock, friends in vancouver rock, and im very pleased to be making some more, very cool friends recently, mostly through the marching band.  so that's only getting better.  

school is remarkably stress-free.  i feel like i should be more stressed out, but i'm just not.  it's possible i should be doing more work than i am, but it's very hard to say.  i still plan on deciding in december whether to stick with this thesis thing or whether to chicken out and do an extended essay.  i really do want to finish the thesis if i can though.  to the point that i might even stick around for hte summer to finish, if need be, if april 17 proves to be impossible.  it really shouldn't be though.

ive been cooking a lot lately, and i really love that as well.  it creates a wonderful lifestyle, making time to make almond milk (or butter, as it turned out, curse safeway and the hidden cheesecloth...), and homemade soup and muffins and bread.... im starting to feel like a housewife... to myself.  if that is possible?  but i think it is.  and it's nice. like im taking care of myself.  actually, that's exactly it.  i feel cared for, recently, and i think the cooking is a big part of it.  as is the incredible emotional support ive been getting and giving from some very dear and special friends, and of course my wonderful family.

1 comment:

Stevie said...

oh how I love you.
I will get you a cheesecloth for Christmas... since I was the impetus for the ill fated Safeway trip...
xo
Dearie