Thursday, November 20, 2008

multiculturalism, or why can't we all just get along?

ive been reading this book today about multiculturalism that has challenged my ideas about culture in a truly fundamental way. I'll hopefully add more to this post later, but it's been a tough read, to say the least.

3 comments:

Vallypee said...

Hi Margaret Rose, just popping by again, and I see that you are incredibly prolific on this blog...wow! I manage a post once a week if I'm lucky. Anyway, I hope it's all going well for you with your research. You've chosen one heck of a demanding subject...emotionally and academically! Good luck with it all xx

mrose said...

Hi Val,
Ha, I think it's a combination of quitting facebook, but not quite quitting my internet addiction, and deciding to use the blog as a way to thrash out what ive been thinking about. im rather an expressive thinker- it makes more sense to me if i process it out loud or in writing. And since this topic has been seriously challenging my ideas about a whole lot of different subjects, ive decided to attempt to "process it" online.... a good decision? i haven't yet decided. but thanks for your well wishes!

Stevie said...

Vally I am so glad you have come to my Miss Margery's blog! I knew you would appreciate what she is talking about, as frankly, all of us in our blog family will. We really have an amazing group of people...
And M, I am especially glad you are doing this.
I bought my first cowboy hat today. There is a pic on my blog. Dad (as in Bill) would have loved it. Bought it at his favourite store. Sadly, I will not be living on the ranch T just bought. I will tell you all later...
xo